Cutting edge, sleek and promising, the iPhone 1 stirred the mobile world - not bad for Apple's first go at the mobile phones market. Inspiring and provocative, the iPhone will always come to mind when a handset with full touch-based user interface is in question. Apple is a company which specializes in developing products on the verge of science fiction. The first iPhone 1 was introduced by Steve Jobs January 9, 2007 at the conference Macworld Conference & Expo in San Francisco. Jobs introduced the iPhone as a combination of three devices: "a widescreen iPod with touch controls," "a revolutionary mobile phone," and "a breakthrough Internet device." iPhone 1 went on sale June 29, 2007 in the US, where thousands of people were reported to be lined up for a few days before the release of . In the fourth quarter of 2007, the iPhone 2G was sold in Germany, France and the UK with exclusive rights to operators T-Mobile and O2.
Interesting facts about the iPhone 2G
- Apple iPhone 1 Development was held in the strictest secrecy: the engineers could not communicate with each other and received wooden models in the process.
- iPhone 2G: 2G title gadget is a "second generation", but not a smartphone, since this first model of the device and the mobile network.
- iPhone 1 has become one of the first smartphones with 3-axis accelerometer and a proximity sensor.
- Working Apple iPhone 2G prototypes were named «Purple» and «Purple 2". The team that worked on it, Apple Iphone 1 took office wing and named it Purple Dorm. At the entrance to the secret office hung a poster with a quote: "The first rule of Fight Club - you do not talk about Fight Club."
- The first public call was made with the iPhone 1 during a presentation device at Macworld Conference & Expo. Standing on stage in San Francisco, Steve Jobs called the local Starbucks and ordered 4,000 lattes, and then hung up.
- The operating system that runs the iPhone 2G, called iPhoneOS. Much later, with the release of iPhone 4 appeared iOS.
- Today, the technical characteristics of the iPhone 1 might seem ridiculous: The camera is 2 megapixels, memory 4 and 8GB (the first model in the United States cost $ 499, second - $ 599). Supported apple iphone 2G only GSM, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, no 3G.
- We remember the iPhone 2G with a smile, but more recent gadget with bitten apple on the cover was a cause for envy and discussions.